Next Generation Indie Book Awards Submission
Every year the Next Generation honors exemplary books from all publishers with the Indie Book Award. Make sure your book is among the ones being considered. For more information, scroll down to the Product Details section below.
The Next Generation Indie Book Awards submission service through Outskirts Press is open for English-language books. Double-check your copyright date to ensure eligibility.
Important information about copyright date eligibility: If you are purchasing this option the same year as the copyright date on your book, you are eligible. If you are purchasing it the year after your copyright date, check with our marketing department about your eligibility. If it is two years after your copyright date, you are no longer eligible for this contest.
In the past, the top 70 books have been reviewed by New York literary agent Marilyn Allen of Allen O'Shea Literary Agency or one of Ms. Allen's co-agents for possible representation in areas such as distribution, foreign rights, film rights, and other rights (unless an entrant prefers not to have the book forwarded to an agent). Ms. Allen has over 25 years of sales and marketing experience, including serving as Senior Vice President, Associate Publisher, and Director of Marketing for Harper Collins and directing sales and marketing teams for Simon & Schuster, Penguin Books and Avon Books. Ms. Allen has had the pleasure of working with many best-selling authors including Stephen King, Ken Follett, Barbara Kingsolver, John Gray, Mary Higgins Clark, and many more.
All Finalists and Winners for the Indie Book Awards are selected and notified in the late spring/early summer.
Awards provided by the Next Generation Indie Book Awards typically are::
- $1,500 Cash Prize and trophy awarded to the best Fiction and Non-Fiction Books
- $750 Cash Prize and trophy awarded to the second best Fiction and Non-Fiction Books
- $500 Cash Prize and trophy awarded to the third best Fiction Book and Non-Fiction Books
- $100 Cash Prize and trophy awarded to the winner of each of the 60 categories
Finalists and Winners will also receive:
- A listing in the Next Generation Indie Book Awards Catalog which will be distributed to book buyers, media, and others!
- Extra exposure for your book on websites and blogs.
- The opportunity to display Finalist or Winner stickers on your book.