Ghostwriter. WooOOOOooooOOO …!!!
It’s a mysterious-sounding job title, is it not? One almost imagines a shadowy, cloaked figure huddled in a dimly lit room, tapping away on a worn typewriter. All hush-hush …
Not so much. Ghostwriters are a poorly kept secret in the literary world and aren’t so mysterious anymore. Celebrity authors and bestselling writers use them and make millions off the fruits of their labor. Why? Because the initial expense of hiring a ghostwriter pays them back in spades when the quality of the book drives sales. And, because a ghostwriter can usually churn out a book sooner than a busy celeb or public figure can, that selling starts earlier than it would otherwise.
Everyone has a story but not everyone has the time, discipline or storytelling skills to turn their story into a great book. There are plenty of reasons you may want to get a ghostwriter involved in the creative process, and you don’t have to have a Hollywood A-lister’s budget to do it:
- A ghostwriter can take your ideas from scrawled notes and half-baked ideas to a fully fleshed-out story and then a completed manuscript in a matter of months.
- For authors looking to break into the English-speaking market, a ghostwriter is essential. If English is not your native tongue, a skilled ghostwriter can construct a story that appeals to your target audience and ensure that your ideas translate properly in English.
- Flummoxed with your first-draft manuscript? Ghostwriters don’t just write from scratch; they are also qualified “book doctors.” You may only need them to assess an existing manuscript and rework it to make it the strongest it can be. That might be a little or it might involve a complete overhaul. How much you want your writer to do for you is up to you.
- Sometimes a project is close to complete but needs a bit more polish than a standard copy edit is intended to do. This is a perfect time to hire a ghostwriter! Many authors mistakenly believe that a ghostwriter only writes complete books, beginning to end — but they take on jobs of all sizes. If your manuscript needs to be gussied up and you prefer more personal, tailored service, a ghostwriter is a good match for you.
- There are additional advantages to hiring a ghostwriter through Outskirts Press. We’ll never “farm out” your project to a nameless, faceless text mill! We’ve contracted with a small number of hard-working, experienced ghostwriters with whom we’ve built long, trusting relationships.
- We’ll put you in touch with a writer we know is a good fit for you, then you communicate directly with the writer to ensure that he or she is a good fit. Your writer will give you personal service and will work with you to ensure you get as much quality work done on your book as possible — within your timeline and budget.
Remember, no task is too big or too small for a ghostwriter to handle — it’s the level of personal service a ghostwriter brings to the table that truly defines their value.
Are you ready to publish your book? Whether you need a ghostwriter or not, our publishing consultants can help to guide you in the right direction. There are three ways to connect:
- Call 1-888-672-6657 (OP-BOOKS)
- Chat with us using the live chat option on our website
- Make an appointment with a Publishing Consultant for assistance