Building Foundations of Scientific Understanding:
A Science Curriculum for K-2
This is The most comprehensive science curriculum for beginning learners that you will find anywhere
* Here are 41 lesson plans that cover all major areas of science.
* Lessons are laid out as stepping stones that build knowledge and understanding logically and systematically.
* Child-centered, hands-on activities at the core of all lessons bring children to observe, think, and reason.
* Interest is maintained and learning is solidified by constantly connecting lessons with children's real-world experience
* Skills of inquiry become habits of mind as they are used throughout.
* Lessons integrate reading, writing, geography, and other subjects.
* Standards, including developing a broader, supportive community of science learners come about as natural by-products of learning science in an organized way.
Particular background or experience is not required. Instructions include guiding students to question, observe, think, interpret, and draw rational conclusions in addition to performing the activity. Teachers can learn along with their students and be exceptional role models in doing so. Need for special materials is minimized. Personal, on line, support is available free of charge (see front matter).
Format: 8.25 x 11 Black & White Paperback, 392 pages
Publisher: Outskirts Press (Nov 30, 2007)
Genre: EDUCATION / General