Reflections from a Career in Sport Psychology
An Autobiography and Guide to Teaching, Research and Professional Practice
Interested in a career as a sport psychology teacher, researcher, or consultant?
Dr. Dan Gould—a world-renowned sport psychology researcher, educator, and practitioner—shares what he’s learned from over 40 years in the field in Reflections from a Career in Sport Psychology. The book focuses on the personal and professional practice lessons Dan learned over his career and provides guidelines for anyone hoping to pursue a career in sport psychology.
Specific chapters focus on:
- general life lessons, from dealing with travel and jet lag to personal finances and work-life balance;
- conducting impactful, state-of-the-art research;
- lessons learned from teaching thousands of students sport psychology;
- coaching education lessons;
- mental skills training consultant guidelines generated from working with hundreds of athletes ranging from novice youth athletes to Olympic champions;
- and mentoring students pursuing a career in the field.
This book is a must-read for those hoping to pursue a career in sport psychology while also providing the experienced practitioner ideas for further enhancing their craft.
Format: 6 x 9 Black & White Paperback, 330 pages
Publisher: Outskirts Press (Aug 27, 2021)
Genre: SPORTS & RECREATION / Sports Psychology