You could win $3,000 cash from F&W Media, Inc, plus promotion in Writer's Digest!
Outskirts Press can help you participate in the Writer's Digest Self-Publishing contest for books. You may be eligible to receive your part of over $17,000 in cash and prizes, given away annually by the publishers of Writer's Digest magazine.
We can take care of all the submission details for you, including...
- the completion of the necessary forms
- the entry fee
- the required copies of your book
This contest is one of six confirmed and vetted awards Outskirts Press recommends and it is also available at part of our Book Award Submissions package, for a 25% discount.
The prizes in the past have included:
- ONE GRAND PRIZE WINNER - awarded $3,000 cash and a trip to the Writer's Digest Conference in New York City. A priceless endorsement for their book from the Writer's Digest editors-10 copies of their book for submission to major publishing review houses such as The New York Times and The Washington Post. In addition, Book Marketing Works, LLC will provide a one-year membership to the Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA), guaranteed acceptance in a special-sales catalog providing national representation through 1,800 salespeople selling to non-bookstore markets, guaranteed acceptance by Brian Jud & Book Marketing Works (a top distributor to wholesalers, chains, independents and online retailers), a one-year membership to Author-U, courtesy of Brian Jud & Book Marketing Works, LLC, a copy of Show Me About Book Publishing and consultation with Book Shepherd Judith Briles (valued at $500), courtesy of Brian Jud & Book Marketing Works, LLC and a guaranteed review in Midwest Book Review, courtesy of Brian Jud & Book Marketing Works, LLC.
- 9 FIRST-PLACE WINNERS will receive $1000 cash and promotion in Writer's Digest. In addition, Brian Jud & Book Marketing Works, LLC will provide a guaranteed review in Midwest Book Review, a one-year membership to Small Publishers Association of North America (SPAN), a one-year membership to Book Central Station where you can find lists of suppliers rated by previous clients, provided by Brian Jud & Book Marketing Works, LLC, the eBook (and CD) Beyond the Bookstore, a Publishers Weekly book by Brian Jud. All Grand Prize and First Place Winners will: Be featured on the Writer's Digest website, receive a copy of the Complete Guide to Self-Publishing (4th Editiion by Tom and Marilyn Ross) and $100 worth of Writer's Digest books.
- HONORABLE MENTION WINNERS will receive promotion at www.writersdigest.com and $50 worth of Writer's Digest Books. All other entrants will receive a brief commentary from the judges along with a link to the entrant's website, provided the URL is accurate.