Important: Be sure your book is eligible for the Book Award Submissions Package by checking your copyright date on your copyright page.
If your book has a copyright date in the same year as the year you are ordering this package, you are fine. If your book has a copyright date in the year prior to your order, please double check your eligibility with email@example.com. If your book has a copyright date 2 years (or more) prior to your order, your book is no longer eligible to enter these awards.
It used to be that simply having a published book was indicative of supremely high quality, but now that self-publishing is available for everyone, winning a book award is one of the most powerful and effective ways you can make your book stand above the crowd. With so many book awards and contests available, Outskirts Press has pre-screened and vetted 6 contests. Outskirts Press can facilitate the submission details to all these contests for you. With your purchase of this package and your eligible book, we will handle all the details, including
the award submission fee
- registering your book with the contest
- sending them each the necessary review copies of your book
- accurately and completely filling out the necessary entry forms
- selecting the most appropriate category for your book (if we're not sure, we'll ask you)
- shipping and handling costs of your book to each of the contest's multiple judges
The Writer's Digest International Self-Publishing Book Awards
You could win $3,000 cash and promotion in Writer's Digest and Publisher's Weekly!
Outskirts Press is already the sponsor and publisher of Writer's Digest's annual Writing Competition Collection, which is one of the most renowned short story contests in the country. Now Outskirts Press can help you participate in the Writer's Digest International Self-Publishing contest for books. You may be eligible to receive your part of over $17,000 in cash and prizes.
We can take care of all the submission details for you, including the completion of the necessary forms, the entry fee, and the required copies of your book. We will select the most appropriate category for submission from among the category choices listed below.
This contest is one of six confirmed and vetted awards Outskirts Press recommends and it available as part of its Spring Season Book Awards Submissions.
- ONE GRAND PRIZE WINNER will be awarded $3,000 cash and promotion in Writer's Digest and Publishers Weekly. The editors of Writer's Digest will endorse and submit 10 copies of the Grand Prize-Winning book to major review houses such as The New York Times and The Washington Post. In addition, Book Marketing Works, LLC will provide a one-year membership to the Independent Book Publishers Association, guaranteed acceptance in a special-sales catalog providing national representation through 1800 salespeople selling to non-bookstore markets, guaranteed acceptance by Atlas Books (a top distributor to wholessalers, chains, independents and online retailers), six hours of book shepherding from Poynter Book Shepherd Ellen Reid and guaranteed review in Midwest Book Review.
- 10 FIRST-PLACE WINNERS will receive $1000 cash and promotion in Writer's Digest. In addition, Book Marketing Works, LLC will provide a guaranteed review in Midwest Book Review, a one-year membership to Book Central Station, the eBook Beyond the Bookstore, a Publishers Weekly book by Brian Jud and a copy of Grassroots Marketing for Authors and Publishers by Shel Horowitz. Plus, all Grand Prize and First Place winners will receive book-jacket seals to promote the award-winning status of their book, promotion on the Writer's Digest Web site at writersdigest.com, a copy of The Complete Guide to Self-Publishing, 4th Edition by Tom and Marilyn Ross, $100 worth or Writer’s Digest Books and a Notable Award Certificate.
- HONORABLE MENTION WINNERS will receive promotion at www.writersdigest.com, $50 worth of Writer's Digest Books and a Notable Award Certificate. All other entrants will receive Certificates of Participation, a brief judge's commentary and a listing with a link on the Writer's Digest Web site, provided an accurate URL is provided.
Every year USA Book News honors outstanding mainstream and independent books with their National Best Books Award.
WINNERS & FINALISTS IN EACH CATEGORY RECEIVE:
- USA Book News Exposure: A six-month book listing which includes your color book cover, a brief paragraph about your title and a hyperlink to your website. Fantastic coverage for the busy holiday season! Additional coverage in the USABN E-zine, sent to thousands of book buyers.
- National Media & Industry Exposure : Coverage of results from the USA Book News network of media outlets and industry contacts for exposure to over 500,000+ subscribers. In addition, the USA Book News national media campaign highlighting the winners and finalists runs from October through January.
The Next Generation Indie Book Awards
The Next Generation Indie Book Awards submission service through Outskirts Press is open for English-language books. Double-check your copyright date to ensure eligibility.
In the past, the top 70 books have been reviewed by New York literary agent Marilyn Allen of Allen O'Shea Literary Agency or one of Ms. Allen's co-agents for possible representation in areas such as distribution, foreign rights, film rights, and other rights (unless an entrant prefers not to have the book forwarded to an agent). Ms. Allen has over 25 years of sales and marketing experience, including serving as Senior Vice President, Associate Publisher, and Director of Marketing for Harper Collins and directing sales and marketing teams for Simon & Schuster, Penguin Books and Avon Books. Ms. Allen has had the pleasure of working with many best-selling authors including Stephen King, Ken Follett, Barbara Kingsolver, John Gray, Mary Higgins Clark, and many more.
All Finalists and Winners for the Indie Book Awards are selected and notified in the late spring/early summer.
Awards provided by the Next Generation Indie Book Awards typically are:
Finalists and Winners will also receive:
- $1,000 Cash Prize and trophy awarded to the best Fiction Book
- $1,000 Cash Prize and trophy awarded to the best Non-Fiction Book
- $500 Cash Prize and trophy awarded to the second best Fiction Book
- $500 Cash Prize and trophy awarded to the second best Non-Fiction Book
- $250 Cash Prize and trophy awarded to the third best Fiction Book
- $250 Cash Prize and trophy awarded to the third best Non-Fiction Book
- $250 Cash Prize and trophy awarded (NEW THIS YEAR) to the Best Cover Design Book entry
- A Gold Medal awarded to the winner of each of the 70 categories
- Finalist Certificates will be awarded to up to 10 finalists in each of the 70 categories
- A listing in the Next Generation Indie Book Awards Catalog which will be distributed to book buyers, media, and others!
- Extra exposure for your book on websites and blogs.
- The opportunity to display Finalist or Winner stickers on your book.
The Reader Views Literary Awards
How would you like to become eligible to win thousands of dollars in marketing support AND a Literary Award at the same time? The annual Reader Views Literary Awards were established to honor writers who self-published or had their books published alternatively by a self-publishing company.
In years past, winners of the Reader Views Literary Award have received $1000s of dollars of expert marketing assistance from renown marketing experts like
- The Kick-Start Guy
- Author Marketing Expert
- Perceptive Marketing
- and others.
Only English language books with an eligible copyright date are eligible.
All initial judging will be done by reviewers from Reader Views. They are experts in their fields as well as avid readers. Consider them your reading audience. Criteria for judging is content/originality, presentation/design, innovation, social relevance, and production quality. Five semi-finalists in each category will be determined by a point system. Final judging will be determined by a jury of judges. Three semi-finalists will be chosen in each fiction and non-fiction category. First and second place winners will be awarded in each category. Third place will receive an honorable mention. Each finalist will receive a certificate. Winners will be announced in the spring.
Only English language and Spanish language books with an eligible copyright date will be accepted.
The Benjamin Franklin Awards are among the most respected Book Awards in the country. The awards recognize excellence in both editorial and design. The specific genre categories are judged by three industry professionals, coming from the library, bookstore, reviewer, designer, publicity and editorial markets.
All finalists will be notified in the late spring, early summer.
The winners in each category will be announced at the IBPA Benjamin Franklin Awards presentation during the Publishing University at the Book Expo of America. Finalists will receive a certificate of excellence; winners will receive the Benjamin Franklin Award trophy. All finalists will be displayed during the Publishing University and at the Awards Ceremony and all winners will be displayed in a special booth at Book Expo America. Winners and finalists will also be featured on the IBPA website, among other places.
Win $1,500 in Cash!
ForeWord Magazine's Book of the Year Awards were established to bring increased attention from librarians and booksellers to the literary achievements of independent publishers and their authors. Our awards process is unique because we ask a jury of our readers, librarians and booksellers, to select their top categories as well as choose the winning titles. Their decisions take into consideration editorial excellence, professional production, originality of the narrative, author credentials relative to the book and the value the book adds to its genre.
All finalists and winners will be notified via email. Finalists are announced each April. Winners in each category and overall for fiction and non-fiction will be announced at the Book Expo of America. First, second, and third place winners will be awarded in each category. A $1,500 cash prize will also be awarded to Best Fiction and Best Nonfiction as determined by the editors of ForeWord Magazine. ForeWord Magazine reserves the right to withhold an award in any category should submissions not meet criteria outlined by editorial and professional production standards mentioned above. All cash prizes are solely at the discretion of ForeWord Magazine.
Winners and finalists will also be featured in ForeWord Magazine and elsewhere.