Amazon Kindle eBook
Amazon is the number one retailer in America (yes, even bigger than Wal-Mart!), and the Amazon Kindle is the #1 e-reader. More formats on Amazon means more exposure on Amazon, and the Kindle is heavily promoted by Amazon.
5 hours with a Book Marketing Specialist
can really make all the difference
The Amazon Kindle is a wireless e-reader that allows its owner to instantly download books and newspapers. Only books that have been submitted to the Amazon Kindle via the required process and in the required format are available for Kindle readers to purchase and enjoy. Kindle editions of books appear on Amazon and in Amazon search listings just like any other format (such as a hardback edition).
There are several benefits to having your book available on Amazon Kindle.
1. Sales through the Amazon Kindle are not split with Outskirts Press. Just like with our hardcopy paperback and hardback books, we pay 100% author profits, and sales through the Kindle are ALL profit.
Of course, Amazon will still take their share, as they always do, but your profit will be directly deposited into your checking account by Amazon, without any involvement by (or portion for) Outskirts Press. In other words, your Kindle sales are YOUR Kindle sales.
2. Amazon customers and e-Book readers are growing every day. While the Kindle is a unique and revolutionary device designed to make reading more convenient, the majority of Amazon customers love actual BOOKS. A Kindle sale is an inexpensive way to offer your book to a new audience; if they like it, they are more likely to purchase the paperback or hardback edition, too.
3. While all books are ideal for the Kindle, Kindle readers LOVE fiction. If you are a fiction author looking for a way to "level the marketing playing field" with non-fiction, the Kindle is the answer! There have been weeks and months in a row when the bestselling Outskirts Press books on Amazon have been Kindle editions of fiction books!
Here's how the process works:
- 1. Order the Amazon Kindle edition now by adding it to your shopping cart.
- 2. Our Marketing Department will contact you via email to obtain the information necessary to submit your book to Amazon.
- 3. That's it! We'll take care of the rest. Typically within 4 weeks, your Kindle edition will be online through Amazon.
- 4. Plus, you will have immediate access to free and exclusive Amazon Marketing Tip Sheets that become available upon purchase of this option, including "5 Ways to Get Amazon Book Reviews," "3 Ways Video Can Help You Sell More Books on Amazon," and available only with the purchase of this option: "4 Important Steps to Market Your Kindle Edition."
How does pricing and commission work?
If you price your Kindle edition between $2.99 and $9.99 and choose 70% royalty, Amazon pays you 70% of your Kindle sales, and keeps the remainder. Setting any prices outside of that range, Amazon pays you 35% of your Kindle sales, and they keep that remainder. Royalties are not split in any way with Outskirts Press.
NOTE: Your Amazon.com login credentials (if you have an account) and information for tax reporting of royalties is required.
A word from two of our authors about our e-book services
Andrew CeroniYou know, all Indie Publishers have different packages and different price groups. For me and Outskirts Press though, it has always boiled down to the people. People who make it happen and make your book look great when someone holds it in their hands or reads the Ebook on a screen - Front Cover Design, Back Cover Copy, and Interior Formatting. You guys always, always, nail it. And that... enables me to win.
Shenandoah TitusI wish to extend my profound thanks to you all for the excellent job you did assisting with the publication of my first e-book: Ivy Letters: Meditations for Resilient (repeat) Bar Examinees. I had very high expectations to receive a quality, professional publication on Amazon, etc., and to receive excellent customer service from competent professionals in this line of work. You have exceeded my expectations. The book is beautifully designed, professionally formatted, and the finished product is one that makes me very proud as the author. I am now busy writing the companion to the first book. I will absolutely publish with Outskirts Press again. Kudos, to you. Very good job, team!